Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bahia Azul Preparation

Today was spent in preparation for our trip tomorrow out to Bluefeilds (Bahia Azul).  We had to get food, shelter, and medical supplies packed up for a 4 day trip.  We plan to hold 2 full days of clinic for this remote population. While we are there I'll be going out with a team to provide educational materials on HIV.  


(Thanks GoogleMaps!)

I have heard that it is going to be a choppy ~5 hour ride over there in our panga so it should be interesting with the crew of 13 + supplies.  Regardless, I am looking forward to it.  We will be primitive camping in hammocks on the beach so I will not be taking my computer.  I'll be sure to flood you with photos when I return on Wed June 20.  I have been told it is very beautiful.

Here is a photo from the local grocery.  This little fellow was just hanging out in the store.





No comments:

Post a Comment